Thursday, April 12, 2012

Working in Community

Hello Everyone :)

I hope you are all having a good week.  I am!!!!! :) Well I was suppost to post this a few days ago, but I lost track of time hanging out with my team.  On Monday, It was our first work day.  I worked with Mr. Schaap(one of my teachers), Tyler, and Noah.  Together we built a gate and cleaned up the house of an older lady in the community. None of us had true gate building experience so it was very nice to work together to make something good come out of it.  This lady also had other tasks for us todo as well.  We wanted to help her out as much as we could.  She truly appreciated it.  Helping at this house made me realize how much the community needs help, and how much the John Perkins Center does for the community.  I liked the interaction that I got with the community while serving.  The people in the neighborhood were very friendly.  People said hello as they walked by and they sat it their yards and talked with us as we worked.  One neighbor watched Tyler and I mow the hill if the lawn. (Well Tyler TRYING to mow and Jamie standing there laughing) (Typical Jamie-encouraging I know :) ).  This lady that sat and watched was supportive and was trying to give us (Tyler) advice, and at the same time laughing along with us.  I could really feel love the and joy being spread throughout the community just by doing something little.  This was truly an amazing feeling.  I realized that we could do little things around our community at home as well.  I am loving seeing God move in my own life, in the lives of my teammates, and in the lives of those in the community as well.  Can't wait to see you all soon!!

                 Love you all,
                 Jamie Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors