Friday, April 13, 2012

On Thursday we took a tour of Jackson, but in our morning devotions with John Perkins; he talked about something that I will never forget. He said the words, “God’s strength is made perfect in our weakness.” That really stuck out to me and encouraged me greatly. It just reminded me that even when I am weak and feel as though I can’t keep going, that God is strong all the time. I don’t have to worry about feeling weak or helpless because God is always there and will always be my strength. JP also said to us, “Know God and make Him known.” I pray that God will use me even after this trip. I am going to faithfully seek Him until I can make Him known in our broken world. This world desperately needs a savior.


In our tour, we visited Menden Hall. We got to see where JP lived with his wife and kids. The town was very small and didn’t really have anything in it. They had no roller rinks, bowling allies, or movie theatres. I feel very fortunate to have all of these things in my city. I think it would be a challenge to live in such a small town, but I guess you would learn to adjust. We also got to visit a small part of the town that is still segregated today. The white people live on one side of the railroad tracks and the black people live on the other side. I could never imagine living like that, because I am very compassionate and kind. I do not care about people’s color of skin or the way they talk or look. I accept others for who they are and do not discriminate.

I think our team has bonded tremendously over this past week. Having last night be our last night was bittersweet. I am going to miss Jackson a lot, but I now have so many new and great things to take with me in life. I have enjoyed building the relationships that I have now with the people around me. It is a trip that I will never forget and I cannot express how thankful I am to God for calling me and sending me. :)

~with love, Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors