Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hey everyone. So this morning Dr. Perkins said something during our devotion time that stuck out to me and I continued to think about it throughout the day. JP was talking about how the burden of God is for his people to hear what he is saying then for us to carry that into our lives. The JP said that at 81, almost 82, he is still wanting to do something for God. When I heard this I was instantly thinking of the things he's done in his lifetime in this community, other places around Mississippi, and then the other things he's done around the nation. To be 81 years of age, lived a life clearly devoted God's will, and still having a burning passion to do something for God really presented a challenge to me. This made me start to think about how I do things in my life and sometimes I get content crossing off my once-a-year-service-project and then I just give myself excuses after, saying I'm too busy or I don't have time. After the life JP has lived and he doesn't settle for the endless list of things he has done but still has the passion to do God's will really is challenge to me and I hope and pray that I will soon gain that passion to do God's will daily and not just be satisfied with things of the past or things I make time for once a year.
                                                                                              ~Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors