Monday, April 9, 2012

Our first workday

Today we had a workday in the community. We started off our day with devotions with JP and it really got me motivated to want to make a positive difference in the community and to have a heart to serve. We started working and I was part of the team that cleaned houses around the foundation and even our own house we are staying in. It was a long day of weed wacking, weed pulling, mowing lawns, and some lizard catching but it was rewarding in the end. I tried to focus on putting forth all my effort and energy into making the house look great, and being told to clean as if it was my own house made a difference in the way I went about my day. Cleaning the houses in the community really made me feel like I was making a positive difference in bettering Jackson. 
Love,
Maxine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors