Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hello family and friends! It is our last night in Jackson and this week has been amazing. I have learned so much not only about myself but about community and learning about my purpose in the world. During a devotion with Mr. Perkins he talked about our reason for being here. He went over the typical answer, "to give back", however, why shouldn't we give back?? What makes us so much better than everyone else that we don't have to give back to the community? Our reasoning for being here should not only be to give back but to take our experiences back to our own community and build it up there. Our experience should encourage others to want and desire to serve. From this trip I have learned to seek out information about myself and also others in order to grow as a leader among my peers and also as a servant for Christ.
Love,
Maxine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors