Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Devotions with John Perkins


We have been having morning devotions with John Perkins every morning before we went out and started our days this week. He always tells us how excited he is that we are here with him and that we can help serve the community here in Jackson. One of the first things that he talked about was gifts that God had given us. He said that we are going to go around the room and say one thing that we like about ourselves. I was challenged and pushed a little out of my comfort zone because I don’t usually tell people what I like about myself. Mr. Perkins told us that it’s okay that it may seem prideful because it has a deeper meaning behind it. He wanted us to find and realize the gifts that God has blessed us with. He told us that everyone has special and diverse gifts that are given to us by God so that we can learn to use those gifts to glorify the Lord. Doing this really opened my eyes up to see what gifts the Lord has blessed me with and I can use my gifts to glorify him every day through my actions.
- Jake Landreth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors