Saturday, April 7, 2012

We made it here to Jackson, Mississippi! I couldn’t be more excited for this week and what God has in store for us here as a team. We talked about the crucifixion since it was Good Friday. Ms. Hoekstra read us in detail the crucifixion of Jesus, and to me I have never heard it and it get to me so deep as it did tonight. We talked about how beaten he was before he was even nailed to the cross. To hear that he was whipped with whips that had bones, glass, etc. on the leather made it even more heart breaking. It shows how much he loves us. It shows me how much suffering he went through and my suffering isn’t anything compared to his. To hear that the pain that he went through makes me cringe and my stomach turn. The nails were nailed into his wrist and his feet. Before hearing the details of that pain or the “scientific” description of how that pain really was is more affective to me now. I cant imagine ever going through pain like that. The fact that God sent his one and only son to earth to save ME from my sins makes me feel beyond loved to the point where words cannot explain. With all the sins that I have done and yet Jesus died on the cross for ME I thinks is crazy. It makes me realize how loved that I am. Talking about it made me feel that my struggles are no where close to what Jesus went through. I am so excited to what else God is going to bring to the team this week. We truly are blessed.


Anyssa Medina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors