Thursday, April 12, 2012

On Wednesday, we all took the long three hour car ride to Memphis Tennessee to visit the Civil Rights Museum and a Safe Haven house. It was an incredible experience for me because I learned and saw things that I had never known or heard. I learned details about Martin Luther King's death that I had never known before. The day was an adventure and an experience that I know I will never forget. In the Safe Haven house, there was this cellar that Noah, Ms. Vandenberg, and I went down into. The cellar had almost an eerie feeling to it because of how small and tight it was. I could never imagine having to hide in there every day while being scared every moment about whether I was going to live through it or not. I am assured though that God had his hand upon them every step of the way. I am so thankful that our God is a God of peace, love, and kindness. I am so glad that I was able to have the opportunity to see these historical sites and to learn from them. The day and the experience is something that I will never ever forget.
~Cassandra :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors