Sunday, April 12, 2009

What is more important than this?

On Saturday afternoon, John Perkins came to speak to us for a little while. He started talking about knowing when God is calling you. He told us about his own personal calling and what it meant to him. He talked serving others and ultimately serving God. He kept repeating, "What could be more important than this?" He was talking about him mentoring our team and us serving God. His calling was to be God's servant in Mississippi and to serve this community. 
Later on Saturday night, we read the crucifixion story and had a discussion about it. We read about all the physical and emotional pain that Jesus suffered. When I think about all that Jesus went through for me, I realized that there really isn't anything more important than serving Christ. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for me, so i want to give my everything for him. 
Dr. Perkins asked us what could be more important than serving God, and after we read the crucifixion story, I realized nothing is more important. 


-Jessamyn Libolt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors