Wednesday, April 15, 2009

His Presence

We have learned a lot about service so far on this trip, but last night the Holy Spirit showed us how powerful service can be through community. After an inspiring devotional session, some of the leaders saw the impact that the message had on us and invited us to continue sharing our thoughts and questions with one another. What we didn't know at the time was that the pull in us to further the conversation was really God tugging at our hearts. It is difficult for us to fully explain how overwhelming and life-changing God's presence was that night. Through cracking voices and rolling tears, we all realized that we are never alone in our struggles with sin. Although we may be at different places in our relationships with God, we all are strongly connected by one unifying factor: His presence in our lives. The tremulous trials that so easily entangle us were all made valid in the scripture that seemed to touch us all by its relatable truth: Romans 7:14-25
"I have been sold as a slave to sin. In fact I don't understand why i act the way i do. I don't do what i know is right, I do the things I hate...I discover something fighting against my mind and it makes me a prisoner of sin that controls everything I do...Thank God! Jesus Christ will rescue me."
Through our raw confessions, we reached new heights with our relationships with one another and most importantly, with our understanding of God and the significance of fellowship. We truly love each other (even the next morning, with four hours of sleep and swollen eye lids).

We came, we saw, we blogged. Ariana, Chad, and Noelle.

1 comment:

  1. i love that verse. can totally relate. well everyone can. sounds like you guys are having an awesome time. God's using you all in ways you could never imagine.. can't wait to hear more about it..

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors