Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jackson has been awesome so far, and believe it or not, God has already spoken to me this early into the trip. Last night we were playing Catch-Phrase when things began to get a little out of hand. Alex Bekendam  decided to throw the timer at me for reasons unknown to everyone here. The projectile split my forehead and blood instantly gushed forth. I handled the situation with ease as I iced my wound. Then I began to think, am I going to have a bump on my forehead? That began to distract me until we gathered in a circle, reading about the crucifixion of Christ. We read about the horrific pain He went through and all the various medical conditions He had wrong with Him. I began to feel silly as I thought back three minutes prior when I was worried about getting a simple little dumb bump on my head. As I listened to Ms. Hoekstra read about Jesus and his countless lashings, his cardiac rupture, and his inability to even take a breath on the cross without suffering, I realized that it's not about me, it never has been and it never will be. Jesus is supposed to be our main concern at all times. Remember that this Easter, that Christ is to be our center of attention constantly, not just a few times a year or when we actually need Him, but always, through the good and the bad. 

-JG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors