Sunday, April 12, 2009

Love

WOW! We are in Jackson!  I am tired, but at the same time God keeps giving each of us a breath of fresh air that gives us energy and keeps us going. Even though I am far away I feel at home:) Looking back at last night, yesterday morning, and now Resurrection Sunday one word that keeps resounding in my head is "Love."  As I think about the cross I think of the ultimate love story to me and to all of us.  Jesus' whole story is amazing and what he did, he didn't give up, he took the hard way.  I cannot grasp or understand this love, this love that I do not deserve.  This love that I do not even know how to give to others. I need to learn how to live out that kind of love to... my family, friends, peers, teammates, and just anyone I come to contact with. This is the love that God showed by sending his only son and the love that Jesus showed by giving us new life, through his death, apart from sin.  This love never fails.  This love is powerful. This love can change lives, break through barriers, storm through walls of injustice, bring peace and strength to the persecuted, take away judgmental thoughts, give hope to the weak, bring enemies together, change society, and most of all wash away our sins.  And as christians we get the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus everyday by showing and sharing his love, how cool is that.  I think that is what gets me excited about being here and just in general serving others.   By just listening to John Perkin's speak you can see the love that he has for everyone, it overflows, and it is contagious. It is my prayer that we may share the love of Christ this week, but not just this week, I pray that this love would continue for the rest of our lives.

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. wowy... you're right on target with that one. it is amazing. i can't even fathom. it really reminds how i'm a reflection of God.. His image!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors