Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"What is Dr. Perkins doing on the roof?"


Yesterday I had the privilege of spending some quality time alone with Dr. Perkins. The funny thing is that it didn’t happen at the dinner table or in the car, it happened on the roof of a 3-story house (you have to remember this man turns 80 this June.) I was up on the roof patching a water leak and Dr. Perkins figured that he needed to help since I was up there in the sun by myself. While we were waiting for some supplies to come up, it gave us time to take a good look at the entire Perkins Foundation because we were up so high. Dr. Perkins said, “this place is going to be beautiful when were done with it” and I told him “JP, you know this place is already beautiful.” He totally agreed with me and I saw it in his eyes that he was in love with what God was doing in the ministry here. He kept repeating to me how he had everything he wanted and how he knew God was working here in West Jackson. How many people can actually say that when they look at their work, even in ministry? It makes me think. I hope that I can find a way to follow God’s will in a way that makes me fall in love with my ministry, no matter what that is.

-Sam Chappell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors