Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"the coolest thing ever"

Cameron, Aaron and I left the Perkins Center to cut down trees due to the hurricane season. They didn’t want the trees to fall onto the houses. After trial and error, we found a technique that was successful. Through many hours, we continued to cut down trees; once they had fallen we would cut them in order to carry them onto the truck. While I was in the middle of carrying two branches I heard a slow yet alarming sound of the trunk cracking as they were cutting down a tree. I looked back and without thinking, I took off into a run and didn’t stop until I heard the branches hit the ground behind me. Once I looked back, I realized I had only made it out from under the trunk by a few feet. Cameron and Aaron stood astonished but quickly told me it was the “coolest thing ever”.

-Sam Pflucker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors