Thursday, April 8, 2010

Open Eyes

Today has taught me in such an inspirational way. I learned about strength, courage, sacrifice, and trust through amazing people who were ordinary people. Today we went to the place where Medgar Evers was shot and killed. My heart broke and I cried as looked at the home, heard the story, and met his daughter, Reena Evers. My heart was torn and I felt pain for them. My heart was pulled at even more when I saw their strength and trust in God. Medgar Evers sacrificed his life to help others. His family was left broken hearted. Their father and husband was gone. They did not get angry with God, but rather they found strength in Him and trusted in Him. As I reflect on this I have to ask myself some questions. When did I become so comfortable in my relationship with God? When did I become so content when I am so blessed? How can i possibly take everything for granted? When did I become so blind? I am thankful, so very thankful, that God still loves me. I have not had such heart breaking experiences as the Evers did. So why am I so ungrateful? God carries me and blesses me everyday. He has put special people in my life and given me many opportunities. He has protected me and called me His own, yet I ignore Him, and put my trust in myself. It is about time for me to realize I need to lose myself in Him in order to find myself in Him. I need to live my life for Him and lean on Him. I can not believe how selfish I really am. It is not about me. It is about Him. I praise God for opening my eyes. I am ready to lay my life down to live for Him because I am His and Jesus laid His life down and died for me so that I could be His. Please pray for me to stay on this path and to truly become God's disciple. I also challenge you to look at what God has done for you. I thank God for people like Reena Evers who has opened up her heart to speak to people. I thank God for all the people supporting me in my walk with God. I pray that God blesses all of you. Let's put our trust and our lives in God's hands, because if Jesus is in the boat, the boat will float! God bless you!
-Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors