Monday, April 1, 2013



I have been so blessed to be a member of this year’s Jackson team! This trip has not only blessed me in so many ways but has also opened my eyes to my faith and how I can be a small change in this world. On Saturday instead of having the Easter Bash for the little children in the neighborhood we got a chance to go to downtown Jackson. It was in such shock to see how completely broken downtown Jackson was and to find out that 1 in 4 people in Jackson do not own a house. Seeing how broken it was got me thinking that we as sinners are broken without God. In maybe ways we are like a broken town waiting for someone to rebuild us. Myself being a sinner I know I am broken but I am so fortunate to have God and be surrounded by friends and family to rebuild me up to be a strong and courageous woman of God. What I want to take back from this trip is to use my gifts and strengths to help rebuild all the broken towns and people so they may be closer to God. 
               
On the first day when we had met Mr. Perkins for our devotions he asked us all to answer what we like most about ourselves. When it came for me to answer I said “that I work hard and am eager to help others.” Not until today did I realize how much I used those things that I said I like about myself. Today I went to water down a house to get it all clean for them to paint and then after I went to another house to pick up their yard and rake leaves. I wanted to work very hard to make each project I did close to perfect because I wanted whoever lived in that house to love it. I felt passion within myself to work hard to make their house perfect because I know that would bring so much joy and appreciation for them. I have learned so much this week and I hope that I take back my passion and work ethic to glorify God and be a reflection of Him!
                 

Sincerely, Stephanie Albright

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors