Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A time such as this.



The LOVE and Joy that over flows from this community is overwhelming. Being here in Jackson, Mississippi, I have been touched by God’s grace. By grace we have been saved. The people here are such a great example of grace. They love and welcome like God welcomes. I came into this experience thinking that I would touch lives, but the reality is, these people have touched me. Dr Perkins told us to live our life out of the gratitude of the grace that God so freely gives us. Grace, what is grace? In the words of Dr. John Perkins: “Grace is the very essence of God”.  After sitting and listening to Dr. Perkins speak to us, I am speechless at the wisdom he has. He walks into a room and immediately starts talking. He has such a profound gift and uses that all for the GLORY of God. While on this trip I had an experience of a lifetime. I had the honor of going through Dr. Perkins' old photos. I was assigned to create a collage for Mrs. Perkins. I’ll never forget what Dr. Perkins said about this collage. He said he wanted this hung in the Spencer Perkins foundation but also wanted it to be able to be used at the funeral of his dearest wife. Wow. I was blown away. What a blessing that was. I went back in time and looked the life of a solider of Christ. I am forever blessed by the work that is being done here. I am forever blessed that God is our PEACE, that he made us ONE, he broke down the barriers. We are ONE.
                In Christ Service,
                                Chelsea Trujillo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors