Monday, April 25, 2011

Community

The carnival on saturday was the perfect example of community. First off for me, it was an opportunity to practice patience. From working with a bunch of kids at once to handling an icy machine, patience was the one thing that I was challenged with today. Through this challenge it was great to have my team members around me and working side by side the benefit the people of Jackson. There is something about this community that is indescribable. The slower pace life style also has given me time to reflect on the importance of working together. That is what JP is all about. This has made me think, what if our school, nation and world was aware of the need for community? As I continue through the week I am hoping to look for ways to bring that same community back to our school to eventually bring change.

- Joi Payton

1 comment:

Followers

Contributors