Saturday, April 19, 2014

Today, I saw the beautiful fruits of all of our labors yesterday. Yesterday we spent all day working on the grounds, cleaning it up, making it look nice, and setting everything up for the Easter Bash. This morning after another fantastic time with Dr. Perkins, we quickly got to putting the finishing touches on the grounds and getting all the booths set up. I had the blessing of receiving the job of parking everyone in the fields, which generally would be an extremely boring job. Instead, Tyler, Adam, Mr. Rivera and I made it more than enjoyable by parking everyone with enthusiasm in the form of dancing. You should have seen all the smiles and laughs of the people who saw us! Then, when I got a break to eat lunch (a very delicious one!), I was able to look around and see everyone working hard and using their gifts in many different ways. It was such a beautiful picture of what can be accomplished when a group of people set their minds to a common goal and work hard towards it. There were so many things going on at once, yet it ran smoothly because of good teamwork and hard work. The best example of this was when we put on a ton of relay races, with no prior rules or planning, and some people just jumped into control and organized things, successfully getting the kids pumped and giving them a good time. At the end of the day, we successfully worked together to put on a huge operation, and I think blessed the community. However, I believe that we were the ones that were really blessed, I know I was!
I’m looking forward to the rest of the week!

~Alex


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors