Sunday, June 20, 2010

3D & the big picture

Have you ever seen something in 3D? Three dimensional stuff is so cool; it’s a graphic display of depth, width, and height. It’s overall a enhanced picture of something. As I look back to our trip in Jackson, I see the story, no the legacy of Medgar Evers leave a deep 3D image in my mind.

While we were in Mississippi we had the privilege to go to the house of a leader in the struggle for justice and equality. For those of you who do not know, Medgar was a field secretary for the national association for the advancement of colored people (NAACP). This man was someone that decided to stand up for justice and fight for equality. He was murdered in the front of his house because of what he fought for. This tragedy is real, and it even becomes more real when you stand in the mist of where this took place. As our group sat in on the drive way of this brave man, of this role model, questions started to bombard my mind.

Why was he willing to stand up for what he believed in? Am I willing to do the same? What am I standing up for? Do I take courage and uphold it when it seems like I am the only one? What am I willing to sacrifice so that God can be glorified? What can I do in this struggle in finding meaning and purpose in life? Am I fighting against all that comes against what God has called me to be, to become? Do I have courage when others around me are choosing the way of self pleasure? As those questions came I didn’t want them to escape me without giving an answer. I want to live my life with a purpose and I want to follow the example of Christ.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2

As we see the big picture. As we step outside of our box of comfort, we are able to see God’s desire for us in 3D.What are we going to d o about it? Or better yet, what are we willing to sacrifice, our time? Our energy? Our dreams? Our own desires? Our money? or even our life?


- Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors